Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blue Jean Apron - Ribbon Flowers - Rick Rack

This is the cutest thing i've made so far. and it took me FOREVER. It's like i tried to incorporate 1000 different skills in one project. I did learn alot about what to do, and what NOT to do!


Here is a close up of the Flowers. I basically bought the Rainbow Rick Rack, LOVED IT and decided to match the flowers to it. I pulled out colors that matched and went to town making flowers while watching TV one night. I came up with 7 different flowers, but only used 5 on the apron.




I lined the back of the apron with an Baby waterproof lap pad. it was the non quilted kind. i think it has a rubber layer in between flannel layers. anyway. it's water proof, but it also absorbs some liuid. I hope to use this for Art projects, cooking and (if the gods are shining on me,) teaching her to wash dishes!



MOST IMPORTANT TIP:
Always plan your decorations and execute your decorations BEFORE you construct your project. I had to do a lot of hand sewing in terrible tight places because i had already put it together. Oh well. it's done and cute!





No comments:

Post a Comment